Archive for July, 2012
- Cleveland Rowers at Lake Erie Crushers Olympic Opening Night this Sunday, July 29 @ 5:05 pm
- Thursday, July 26th, 2012
The London Olympics are almost upon us and here’s your chance to create some rowing fever at the Lake Erie Crushers Olympic Opening Celebration this Sunday, July 29 at 5:05 p.m.! Great Cleveland’s scholastic, collegiate, and adult rowers and supporters are joining together for a ‘Crew Mob’ to increase the profile of rowing in northeast Ohio and raise funds for USRowing’s Row to London campaign. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Row-To-London/356559541041973
The Crushers (Avon, OH) have arranged for several Olympic sports to be part of the game day festivities. The sport of rowing will be well represented as:
- St. Ignatius is displaying an eight and a four so baseball fans can become familiar with the equipment racing in London
- Four Concept2 ergs will be set up with a 50” monitor giving future Olympic rowers a chance to race their friends over a 250 or 500 meter virtual course!
- USRowing has already given WRRA and fellow rowing organizations a shout-out on their social media sites and they will share pics and videos of Greater Cleveland’s rowing posse at the game.
The Crushers have a 2,000 strong ‘kids club’ that get in free on Sunday so this is a great opportunity for scholastic rowers to encourage even younger kids (and their parents!) of the fun they can have with rowing!
Feel free to posts comments, ask questions, or invite your Facebook friends at the Crushers Crew Mob event page http://www.facebook.com/events/400961276620127/
To Purchase Tickets:
- Go to https://ticketreturn.com/prod2/buy.asp?eventid=82111
- Enter ROWING in the Special Offer Code Field
- Select ‘Home Box’ Ticket Type
- Click the ‘submit’ button (you’ll then see the Western Reserve field)
- August Learn To Row
- Friday, July 20th, 2012
Registration for the August 18 & 19 Learn To Row sessions has opened. To learn more about what our LTR program consists of CLICK HERE.
- Half Season Membership – OPEN Registration
- Friday, July 20th, 2012
Registration has opened for WRRA half season membership in Masters, Rec., Sweeps and Sculling. Visit ActiveNet and your account for pricing and registering. Click Here
- Help WRRA Support the USRowing US Olympic Team!
- Friday, July 13th, 2012
The Olympics will start in just 2 weeks, which means time is running out to help WRRA support our Olympic rowers! Western Reserve is running a Row to London campaign to help raise funds to support our Olympians. Our goal is to raise $1,000, but can we raise even more? To date, we have raised a total of $825 through the SRL regatta Cut-a-Thon hosted by SRL sponsor The Studio, as well as through generous personal donations. Please consider donating whatever you can. 100% of the contributions go to the Olympics rowers! You never know, USRowing might thank us by bringing one or two of them to town! You can go here to donate!