This weekend (October 20 & 21) is the world’s largest two-day rowing event — the Head Of The Charles Regatta in Boston, MA. This year’s event has 2,031 entries from 698 Clubs, representing 377 cities, 37 states and 22 countries.
WRRA has a total of 7 entries in 2012. For those not able to make the journey to Boston, there is a live webcast of the regatta. It will be available here: http://hocr.org/the-2012-regatta/2012-live-webcast/
Here is a rundown of the WRRA entries so you will know when to watch and who to look for:
Saturday, October 20:
- Event 3 – 8:54 am Men’s Senior Master Singles [40+] = Bow #12 (C. Braun)
- Event 6 – 9:41 am Women’s Senior Master Eights [50+] = Bow #13 (J. Sutcliffe, J. Goodman, J. Clark, C. Grondel, R. Luken, D. Meakin, E. Gordon, E. Emery, B. Blake)
- Event 9 – 10:35 am Men’s Senior Master Doubles [50+] = Bow #23 (B. Gannon & D. Carlson)
- Event 16 – 12:55 pm Women’s Club Fours = Bow #27 (Dual members of WRRA and Portage Lakes Rowing Association, rowing under Portage Lakes – M. Carlsen, K. Trimble, M. Zacharias, R. Stanley, J. Sworan)
- Event 20 – 2:04 pm Women’s Master Doubles [40+] = Bow #3 (S. Romilly rowing a composite of WRRA/Rockford Crew)
Sunday, October 21:
- Event DCW4x – 10:36 am Directors’ Challenge Women’s Quads = Bow #6 (D. Schubeck rowing with an Unaffiliated crew called Hungarian Revolution)
- Event DCM4x – 1:34 pm Directors’ Challenge Men’s Quads = Bow #8 (B. Whitehead rowing a composite of WRRA/Ridley Graduate Boat Club/Rockford Crew)
Good luck to all our WRRA competitors!!