General scullers – Members who pay to utilize WRRA sculling equipment (shells and oars).
WRRA SCULLING EQUIPMENT USE 1. WRRA sculling equipment includes singles, doubles/pairs, quads, and sculling oars. 2. Members of WRRA, under such rules and regulations as the Board of Directors may from time to time establish, and subject to all CRF safety rules, use WRRA-owned sculling equipment under the following terms: a. The member has demonstrated to a sculling coach that he/she possesses the requisite skill to scull the shell (independently or with coach or mentor). b. The sculler has paid the general sculling fee. c. The sculler is using appropriate equipment taking into consideration rower weight, the weight limits. 3. Those who have paid for general sculling membership are permitted to use sculling equipment for racing. Members of WRRA general sculling take precedence for use of general sculling equipment over nonmembers. a. This includes regattas out of town. b. Taking equipment to races is an exception to the reservation rules (see below). c. Equipment going to regattas shall be signed out for the entire time the boat will be utilized including derig/rig, transportation and use at the regatta. d. Transportation of the shells will be coordinated with WRRA Head Coach and/or Master’s Captains e. Equipment must be in original state upon return (re-rigged, washed, repairs completed if appropriate)
f. If a sculling shell is already going to a regatta for use by a general sculling member it may be rented by a WRRA rower who is not a member of general sculling.
g. If a sculling shell is not already going to a regatta a WRRA rower who is not a member of general sculling may submit a request to take the shell to the race. The request should be submitted to the sculling committee 30 days prior to the event.
WRRA SCULLING EQUIPMENT RESERVATIONS & SIGN OUT
1. ALL equipment reservations should be made through the iCrew reservation system. Upon registration the participant will receive an email with iCrew reservation instructions.
2. No rower is allowed to reserve a WRRA single, double, pair or quad more than 2 times per week during peak time. “Peak time” is defined as 5:00 am- 7:30 am, and 4:30 pm-7:30 pm Monday- Friday; and 5:00 am – 10:00 am, weekends and national holidays.
3. If a shell is not being used or has been reserved and has not been claimed within 15 minutes of the reservation start time; the shell can be used on a first come first serve basis, within one’s skill certification.
4. No reservation may be for more than a two (2) hour period. No one may reserve for more than one time slot in a row during peak times.
5. Singles and doubles may be reserved by sculling coaches for LTS programs or WRRA coached sculling more often than the foregoing rule allows.
6. Violation of reservation rules will result in suspension of sculling privileges for an amount of time to be determined by the sculling committee.
7. Scullers must sign in/out in the CRF sign out log. Penalty for failure to sign in/out may result in loss of sculling privileges.
8. Damage to any sculling equipment should be reported immediately following established WRRA Equipment Committee procedures.
9. Failure to report damage or repeated damage may be subject to penalty as determined by the Director of Sculling or the Chairperson of the Sculling Committee in consultation with the Equipment Director (monetary fine or loss of privileges).